Thursday, August 4, 2011

July WAG NADAC Newport Trial

The Newport Trial is definitely my favorite WAG trial and this year was probably the best ever! Julie and Jean do an amazing job of securing the site, organizing everything, and bringing in the best judges!!! And WAGgers are the best! The weather this year was perfect; no rain, little wind, and perfect temperature. Jordana took the whole week off and came over early to help me get ready for the weekend. We traveled to Newport with my 4 Shelties, Jordana’s Border Collie and BC Mix, Stephen’s Corgi, and my 2 fosters; yes that was 9 dogs in the van. My mom came over on Saturday to sell her crate pads and books. I was busy running 3 dogs, being Co-Chief Scorekeeper, taking care of the 2 foster puppies I brought, and enjoying the trial. Judges Doug and Rachelle were awesome and brought great courses!!
Jordana ran PITA in all the classes and PITA did amazing well for not being worked since Jordana moved to Bend. PITA had some “not listening” moments but Jordana handled them great. But when they were a team they were amazing.
PITA was entered in 14 classes and qualified in half of them including
both Weavers
and her first ever Chances; she earned two titles,
Novice Outstanding Tunnelers,
and Novice Weavers.
This might be the only trial they run in a year but I was very proud of both of them.
Kant got her 2nd Bonus Line; this one was a 20 point bonus in Tunnelers, the last class on Sunday. We have been working on the turn away from me and go on and it showed on this course. I was so proud of her!!! Stephen ran Kant in the first Tunnelers on Friday night beating Echo and me by less than ½ second and getting 1st place. We got both Regulars on Saturday and one on Sunday. We got the Chances on Sunday but did not get either Jumpers.
We also got the last Hoopers points we needed to finish Elite Superior Hoopers and earn the Elite All Around Award.
Great job Kant!!
Slick was entered in 2 classes each day and he qualified in 4 of them. He had one of his best weekends ever. Little did I know that it would be his last agility weekend. Slick is not the most exciting agility dog but he is so excited to run with me and he ran incredibly fast this weekend.
He still likes me to run to every obstacle with him;
he made me run as fast as I could and see parts of the course that I never get to see with the girls.
Thank you Slick for bringing humor to agility
and being the best teammate!!
Echo and I are still struggling! She was entered in all 14 classes and qualified in 5 of them.
She is knocking bars; some my fault, some hers.
She did get her 1st Elite Tunnelers Q
and was a crowd pleasing speed demon in Weavers.
I just love watching her weave.
She needs to hurry up and go in to heat and have babies so I can spay her and hope that it settles her a bit or at least I will have quit using that as an excuse.

Thank you Jordana and Stephen for coming across the mountain to spend the weekend at the beach doing agility!! I had an incredibly awesome weekend!!!

Thank you Joe Camp for the incredible agility pictures! I always love the pictures you take but after losing Slick so suddenly and so young I really appreciate having all those great pictures to look back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment