Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sweet, Beautiful Slick 12/15/03 - 7/21/11

Weathermans Black Ice CGC S-TN-O OJC S-TG-N O-HP-N (12/15/03 – 7/21/11)
My dear Slick you dropped in to our life on a temporary basis when you were 15 months old which quickly became permanent and changed our life. You certainly had your issues and the most serious was your seizures which finally took your life this morning.
You fit right in with our pack and added nicely to it.
Kant was always your favorite and you looked up to her;
she misses you too.
You were not the most exciting agility dog but you were so excited to run with me and I loved every run with you.
Your last trial was the wonderful weekend in Newport at the Willamette Agility Group’s July NADAC trial;
you had 6 runs and qualified in 4 of them, getting you Open Jumpers title. I never taught you to weave so you only got to play in classes without them.
That never seemed to bother you.
and you loved contacts.
I knew you would never earn a NATCH-S but you have been running so well I set a goal to get your 1000 Lifetime Points Award.
We did not get there but you had an incredible 570 Lifetime Points!!
I know I have other shelties at home to help fill that huge void you are leaving behind but I miss you my sweet corky boy.
I will miss that de-barked bark of yours;
my shadow on walks at the park;
how you could get so panicked at the littlest of things;
your love of life,
Jordana,
and me;
and that beautiful sweet face and dark eyes.
You were a great house dog and loved to go wherever we went.
But when we were away from home you were never comfortable potting if anyone was around so we had many middle of the night or early morning visits outside. And when nature said you could not hold it any more we had marathon potty sessions including the unforgettable one in the ring in Medford at the RCA trial last April.
I miss you every day!! When I take the dogs outside I keep looking for you, when I go to feed I miss your enthusiasm, and when I go out the front door I miss you racing me to see if you are going.
Through my tears I can smile at all the wonderful memories you have left me with!! I know you are now running seizure free with Casey!! I love you Slickie and miss you terribly!!!
I have heard from lots of family and friends that know what we are going through and knowing they are thinking of us and you gives me some comfort.
A common description of you is that you had a kind soul; so true!! Thank you everyone!!
Slick I miss your kind soul!!

No comments:

Post a Comment