Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanksgiving in New York

I got to go to New York this year for Thanksgiving!!
I arrived on the Tuesday before Turkey Day; it was great to see Erin and the girls. I could not believe how tall the girls were.
Madison is as tall as me and
Bella is no shorty.
Wednesday the girls had half a day of school so Erin and I ran around in the morning getting the shopping done. It was a beautiful day so after lunch we picked up Madison’s friend and headed to the park.
 
 
 
 
It was so great spending the day with my sister and nieces.

Thanksgiving started out nice and lazy
but Erin, Bella, and I did get a 3 mile walk in.
It was fun walking through town and along a creek where we saw
geese,
ducks,
and more ducks.
 
Along our walk we went past Old Navy and it was open. I needed some jeans for the weekend so Madison and I went shopping before dinner.
Nanda and Carmine came over for a wonderful dinner that Erin prepared.
Like most Thanksgiving meals there was way TOO much food. But it was all incredible and I ate way too much.

Friday we were up and out of the house heading to Hershey, Pennsylvania.
We only had a couple of hours to spend in Hershey and we made the most of it; taking a fun tour of where chocolate comes from
and the process to become candy. We also got our picture put on a candy bar
and syrup bottle. Hershey was a fun place and worth going back.
 

While I was judging in Maryland, Erin and girls went to visit friends and tour Washington DC. They had a great time!

Sunday afternoon we drove back to New York and I flew home on Monday. It was a quick busy trip but I was so glad I was able to make it out to visit; it had been way too long since I had seen the girls. I had a great time!! Thank you Erin, Madison, and Bella for such a great week and I miss you so much. Love you all lots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment