Monday, December 13, 2010

Scrapbooking with FRIENDS!!

A group of us have been going to the Portland Scrapbooking Expo for years and we get notices for the Expo in Seattle. This year when we got the notice for the November Scrapbooking Expo in Bellevue Heidi and I started planning a weekend of scrapping in Seattle; we quickly invited Lee and she was able to make it. Thursday was Veteran’s Day so I headed over to Dallas in the morning and picked up Lee from her dad’s house and Heidi from hers with ALL their scrapping stuff, too much food, and a few clothes and we were off for the weekend. Of course we had to stop at Bobbi’s a do a little shopping before we left Oregon.

We had an easy drive to Seattle after finally getting out of Oregon and got to the Extended Stay Hotel we were staying in. We unloaded the van and hauled EVERYTHING to the 2nd floor with no elevator. We were cozy but it was very workable.
Friday we headed to the Expo. I have felt the one in Portland keeps getting smaller and smaller and has much of the same stuff at each booth; I can get through the Portland one without getting tired. The Seattle one was huge and full of fun stuff. We got there when it opened at 10am and shopped until 2pm; I was exhausted and ready to leave. We stuck with our traditional post Expo lunch at a Mexican Restaurant where we talked about all the stuff we got, what was our favorite, and what was the one item for this year which I have forgot. We were back at the hotel for an afternoon and evening of scrapbooking.
Saturday was an all day scrapping day. We brought food
since we had a kitchen so we did not have to leave. I got 55 pages done (no journaling), Lee got 35 pages done, and Heidi got 24 pages done. I forgot to take pictures because I was too busy trying to get the August kayaking trip done!!

Sunday it was a day of packing
and
hauling all that stuff back downstairs and loaded the van. It was a perfect weekend spent with the greatest of friends and tons of fun. There was lots of laughing, singing and burping, well burping from one. I cannot wait to go again next year my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment