Friday, December 31, 2010

As 2010 comes to an end…

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year; I love the music, the lights, the decorations, the smells, and the goodies. I don’t even mind the weather. But I look forward to the week between Christmas and New Year’s; the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over, things are quiet at work and home, and I have time to look back over the year and plan to next one. I did great on my goals from 2010 and am looking forward to setting new ones for 2011.


As I look back on all that I did and accomplished this past year all I can say is WOW!! This is why I blog!

Here are just a few of the highlights:

  • I love being an agility judge and have had some great assignments!
  • Kant got her NATCH and V-NATCH!!
  • I went on the most amazing kayaking adventure with my mom, aunt, and Susan; a trip of a lifetime!!!
  • Kant and I won NADAC Championships, for the second time!!
  • Echo and I had an incredible year in agility and our first herding trial!
  • I spent Thanksgiving in New York with Erin, Madison, and Isabella!!!
  • I became an empty nester!
The year was not without struggles, frustration, heartbreak, and mistakes.

This year I questioned friendship more than ever since one was tested and broken. Lee wrote it perfectly, “What is friendship? As soon as we meet our friends this question gets answered automatically. The answer to what is the meaning of friendship lies with our hearts, because true friendship can only be felt, and not expressed. Something so pure and essential is not always visible to the eye, but is felt by the heart. You..are my friend.” I will treasure these words and our friendship FOREVER!! I am very lucky to have such great friends in my life!!

Here is to another incredible year filled with all that can be dreamed!! It will not be without learning, struggles, frustrations, heartbreak, and mistakes but I hope that I use what I know, tools that I have, and handle them to the best of my ability.

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment