Monday, January 12, 2009

GREAT WEEKEND – SATURDAY

Today was the first Saturday Jordana has not worked since she started her job at PetSmart so we had planned to get all the limbs cleaned up from the backyard. Before working in the backyard we had some inside chores to get done and my step-dad was coming over for dinner so I wanted to get that ready. Right in the middle of preparing dinner our neighbor from across the street came over and wanted to know if he could help with the backyard so we showed him the mess. He went over and got his chainsaw and within 2 ½ hours all the big limb were gone from the backyard and he cut up all the smaller stuff so I can just pitchfork it in to the yard debris bucket. Our neighbor went crazy with the chainsaw and as fast as he could cut the limbs in to about 5 foot sections I would carry them to the front yard. Jordana was inside fixing dinner and enjoying the fact that I was busy with the neighbor on her day off so she got to miss the fun of cleaning up the backyard. Of course when we were done I could not miss the photo opportunity and of course I had to get my blue girls in there. I can not thank the neighbor enough and he has no idea what a help he was. Jordana and I could have made a dent in the mess but not near as fast as a chainsaw and we could not have done anything with the few really big limbs. It is such a huge relief to have the backyard almost clear again. Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

Gary came over to enjoy a home cooked meal the day after his birthday. It is always great spending time and talking with Gary. Since Gary and my mom spend most of their time in Indian Wells California and their time here during the summer is always busy for both of us our time together is never enough. I was blessed to be able to spend almost a week with them in California in November and we got together several times over the summer.

Happy Birthday Gary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment