Friday, January 16, 2009

Echo - agility class week 7

Last week was acutally week 6; with the weather, holidays, and being in California a week I competely lost track of what week we were on. Last nights class started out great with great focus. When we got to working the teeter Echo got so jazzed hearing everyone else doing it so I tried holding her. I knew I was in trouble when I went to put her down and her feet were running before hitting the ground. We had to take a little break and get her focused back on me and in a working mode. I was able to do that and we worked the weave poles and contacts and called it a night. Just like in herding the more I talk to Echo the more I can get her worked up. I need to keep commands calm and confident. We worked on start line stays, front crosses, the teeter, and weave poles. Gates, chute and table were introduced this week, all of which Echo knew but it had been a while since we did the chute. We had to have the chute held open a couple of times and then she was able to run through it closed a few times. We have gates at home and I love working with them, with the weather and it getting dark so early we have not worked much at home so Echo needed to be reminded what the gates were but she caught on quickly. I quit running with a toy this week and Echo was more focused on the obstacles then on me. We will keep working on having fun with focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment