Monday, January 12, 2009

Echo at agility class…

Thursday was our 5th week in a 12 week agility class; each class is 30 minutes long. I was teaching Echo on my own and she knew most of the equipment going in to the class but I wanted her to learn to do agility when there were other dogs and people around. She watches the other dogs in class run but stays focused on me. We just started running to the end of the teeter while we control its drop and doing weave poles with wire. We are continuing to perfect the 2-on-2-off contacts; directionals; tunnel, hoop, and jump obstacles; and the start-line stay. Echo is a quick learner and likes to learn on her terms with little pressure from me. I am learning to teach her what I want and let her think that it is her idea. Besides Thursday night class Echo gets out to practice agility with all the dogs once a week. If she is ready I hoping to have her agility debut at our July NADAC trial in Newport Oregon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It wasn't very long ago that you had a brand new puppy . . . and look at her now! what a big girl!

    ReplyDelete