Thursday, November 26, 2009

Agility in Roseburg

The Rogue Canine Agility club put on an awesome trial at the Douglas County Fairgrounds November 21st and 22nd. The weather was supposed to be rain all weekend but both days were beautiful. Saturday was gorgeous and it only started raining late afternoon; Sunday was again beautiful with short rain showers followed by more blue sky. It was cool but the dogs loved it. This was a one ring trial so no conflicts! I ran Kant, Echo, and PITA and was Chief Scorekeeper. I had a great weekend!!!!
Kant and I were a very good team this weekend but she knocked a bar in all the classes with jumps on Saturday but on Sunday she only knocked a couple of bars in Regular 2. On Saturday I tried to speed her up in the weave poles (those dang DRIs) and forgot to work a hoop but she ended that class running faster then I have seen in a long time. I am going to try that again at the Games Trial next month. So we only Q’d in Tunnelers with a 6.81 yard per second run on Saturday. We did not get any Jumpers Qs even though no bars went down on Sunday we had an off course. We did get a Q in Regular 1, Chances, and Touch’N’Go on Sunday. This was Kant’s last trial jumping 16 inches in NADAC, next month she turns 7 and I will be moving her to Veteran Dog where she gets to jump 12 inches. Echo had a great weekend! She Q’d in all 4 Regular classes and weavers. She knocked a bar in both Jumpers but ran like a dream; she is just jumping too early. Echo had an off course in Tunnelers which I will take blame for not handling but the rest of the run was smoking. Time will not be our issue! The last run of the weekend was Touch’N’Go and we did not do so well. I had not seen a TNG course like this one before and I did not have enough confidence in my handling of Echo to get through the course. She gave me some great sequences but if I am not 200% in control of a course it shows and boy did it show on TNG. Besides several other errors the greatest one was when Echo missed a tunnel and I sent her back and their were two sets of tunnel bags on the end of the tunnel with about an 8 inch gap between them and Echo RAN right in to the side of the tunnel bouncing off of it and she just looked at me like who closed the tunnel. I was laugh so hard. This was the first weekend Echo was entered in all the classes and it might have been 1 too many but the rest of her runs were amazing. Echo likes the one ring trials and we were a great team this weekend. Since Jordana is working weekends and would still like to go to NADAC Championships with PITA I ran her in 3 runs each day. On Saturday I wondered if PITA would ever be an agility dog and why were bothering to even compete with her. Well she proved why on Sunday with 3 perfect qualifying runs!!! Saturday she was not focused and running all over the place, we made it through each of the courses but way over time and with faults. Sunday she was totally focused and looked like a real agility dog! I was so proud of her! Greg Battaglia from Sparks, Nevada, was our wonderful judge and brought some great courses. It was a great weekend spent with the dogs and friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment