Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back to Bandon

My friend Doreen has had a rough few months and I had a free weekend so I decided I would go visit her in Bandon. I brought Kant along as my driving buddy. This is not a hard decision to make because spending time with Doreen is always the best, she is the most gracious hostess and we can find things to talk about for hours. Plus her beautiful home is right on the beach and I am addicted to beach combing!! This weekend was another perfect weekend.
I arrived Friday night and Doreen was performing in a play so I was home alone with wonderful clam chowder that Doreen had picked up for me earlier in the day. I tried to wait up for her but ended up falling asleep and I did not hear her come home.

Saturday morning I woke up to beautiful blue sky so
Kant and I were off to the beach to look for treasures and enjoy the beauty of the ocean.
After a couple of hours on the beach we got back to find Doreen up and ready for breakfast. After breakfast Doreen wanted to go for walk since it had been weeks since they had such a nice day and of course Kant and I were up for another walk on the beach. It was a beautiful day and there were a lot of people out walking,
Doreen and I walked for a couple of hours enjoying the views and talking. When we got back to the house we ended up in her beautiful backyard visiting some more. We had talked about being single and all the things you are responsible for and how some tasks are easier with someone else to talk to like doing yard work. Which I completely agree, having someone there makes the time go by so much faster and the other person does not even have to help but just be there to chat with so since we were both there and we started to some yard work. It was great fun working in her yard where spring was really starting to show. After two nice long walks and working in the yard I was getting a bit hungry so we stopped for lunch. During lunch we got to talking about the Wii Fit Plus which I am addicted to and Doreen had just got one for Christmas. Jordana and Stephen were a great help when we got ours in showing me what to do and Doreen did not have that so I gave her a 45 minute demo. After that I was done with exercising for the weekend!! So we decided we would go for a drive to check out some of the area and end up at a tea garden. After a quick shower we were on the road. Doreen showed me beautiful views of the river and surrounding farmland and we went to a huge cranberry farm with beautiful bogs. The Tea Garden was closed so we decided to drive out to Bandon Dunes Golf Resort to have some appetizers. It was a beautiful afternoon. But our day was not near over, Doreen was performing in the play Sound of Music and I was able to see her performance Saturday night. I have never been to a play nor have I ever seen Sound of Music. The play was amazing I was completely blown away and impressed with all the incredible talent. You would think after such a full day we would come home and crash but that was not at all what happened. We got back to the house just before 11pm and ended up play Wii Play racing cows for almost an hour. I was laughing so hard. WHAT A PERFECT DAY SPENT WITH AN INCREDIBLE FRIEND!

Sunday morning I woke up to another beautiful day
so Kant and I were off to the beach again but this walk was a bit shorter and slower than the one the day before.
After breakfast we went out to do a bit more yard work. I even brought home some plants that had spread out of their designated areas. I love sharing plants, I look at them growing in my yard and it brings back great memories! Doreen had a matinee showing of the play so she headed there and I headed home.

Of course I had to stop at the elk refuge to take pictures of those amazing animals.

There were a bunch of them splashing and playing in the water. I had never seen anything like that and enjoyed watching.

Thank you Doreen for an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment