Wednesday, April 27, 2011

RAT Elma NADAC Agility Trial

The location of the February RAT Trial is one of my favorite; who doesn’t love a clean, heated crating area in the winter!!  I almost did not enter this trial because I was hoping to be anxiously awaiting the arrival of Echo puppies but that did not happen (yet) and is another story.  But at the last minute I entered and there were only runs left on Sunday.  Because of dogs pulling I ended up getting a few runs on Saturday.  RAT is a fun club that always puts on great trials and this Sweetheart Trail is no exception.  They have a great time with the Valentine’s theme.  This year just a week before the trial I got an e-mail about a canine cancer fundraiser that RAT was organizing and people/instructors/clubs/groups where sponsoring breeds/classes/days; I thought it was a GREAT idea and responded right back that I would sponsor Sheltie Qs!  What a great idea!!

Kant ended up with 8 runs for the weekend and Q’d in 5 of them.
And the best of all is that one of those runs was a Jumpers that finished her Superior Elite Jumpers Title and
Elite Triple Superior Award,
Triple Triple Superior Award,
Elite Superior Versatility Award, and Triple Superior Versatility Award!!!! 
I am so proud of my Kant and once again she proves she can!

Echo had 9 runs and Q’d in 5 of them.  Echo and I are still working on being a consistent team; we have moments of brilliance
and moments when we crash and burn, nothing in the middle.
 This was Echo’s first trial in Proficient jumping 16 inches; I started her in Skilled jumping 12”. 
I learned we need to work on some jumping drills and focusing forward;
it is hard to keep your feet up when you are looking back at me.  I will also work on better directions and being in front.
I love running Echo and know when it comes together watch out!

Thank you Joe Camp for the agility pictures!!

Over all it was a great weekend despite the flooding rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment