Saturday, November 20, 2010

The things we do for friends…

My friend, Carol, who has Springer Spaniels asked me a couple of years ago to be the Chief Ring Stewart for their Agility Trial at their National that was going to be in Albany Oregon. Of course I said yes, little did I know it was going to be the weekend after NADAC Championships! But I was fine, get home Tuesday night, have agility Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Monday was Springers only.

This was Echo’s AKC debut and I dropped Kant to Preferred so they were running in the same class. I started Echo in Preferred so when she gets old and I want to put her in Preferred I do not have to start over in Novice. Echo has some teeter issues; she is not at all afraid of it. She is sure it is not suppose to move and when it does move it is suppose to stay where she puts it. Echo gets quite frustrated with the teeter when it does not do what she is sure it suppose to. Saturday Echo did not Q in Standard because of the teeter; I will keep working that. Kant and I were not a very good team in Standard and again no Q. Kant knocked a bar in Jumpers with weaves on Saturday. Echo had a beautiful run and I made a handling error at the second to last obstacle and she was over the last obstacle before I could call her back so we just ended fast and happy.

Sunday was much better. Echo still did not qualify in Standard, my fault not hers, and her teeter was almost perfect. Kant did Q in Standard with a very nice run; did I tell you that I love running an AX, NADAC National Champion in Novice.

Jumpers with weaves was a thing of beauty!! Echo and I ran the 101 yard course in 14.86 seconds, which works out to 6.8 yards per second!! Kant ran the same course in 15.95 seconds, proving once again her baby sister is faster. The funniest story on that run was at the score table; I happen to be crated right behind the score table and was sitting there when they were entering Echo’s score. One scorekeeper asked the other what they thought that time was and she said looks like 14.86, why? Because the computer is asking her to validate the time. I guess with a standard course time of 42 seconds you do not expect a dog to do it 14.86 seconds. Echo 1st Place; Kant 2nd Place!!

Watch for us at more AKC trials in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment