Monday, June 28, 2010

What does Friends and Family mean…

I have been thinking a lot lately about friends and family and what they mean. I have decided for me it comes down to two things love and patience. I have a great family and some great friends and I love them all very much and I have to hope there are things that they love about me or we would not be friends. Please have patience with me, I am one person with a full time job; a house with a yard, thank goodness neither are very big, and 4 dogs of my own and six in the house. My full time job takes me from my house, yard, and dogs 9 ½ hours day, Monday – Friday. I try to juggle it all; sometimes I am more successful than others; sometimes I drop a ball or two. It seems lately all I seem to be doing is pissing of friends and family. For that I am sorry!! You are very important to me! I try not to make excuses because that is all they are but instead do the right thing. What is the right thing? I am not perfect; far from it. Very often I make mistakes but they are not malicious or meant to worry or devalue you! We all have full, busy lives and for the most part I have a very good life! I do not expect you to understand all the choices or mistakes I make but as my friend/family I expect you to stand by me and not accuse me of thinking you are less important and it my promise to you to do the same thing.

The only person I can change is me. I am working on becoming the person my daughter, dogs, friends, and family deserve. And I will do my best but I can guarantee I will continue to make mistakes and continue to learn from them.

I am very blessed to have such great people in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Traci, you are a very wonderful, and special friend. I am blessed to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurking on your blog today. This post really hit home. I could insert my own life into those words. Thanks! Cherie

    ReplyDelete