Monday, June 7, 2010

Another fun agility weekend

The Shelties and I attended another awesome NADAC Fun-raiser this weekend. When it was announced that NADAC Championships would be in Gillette Wyoming in 2010 I immediately started figuring out who would go. It was decided pretty quickly that this would not be the year for PITA or Echo to go so now to look at Hershey and Kant. Kant is having a great year and easily qualified so she is going. And I was working on getting Hershey qualified but there was no way we were going to get the Qs needed in the Chances class so I decided he would not run. Then the requirements for the double digit dogs were changed and they only needed to get points in 4 of the 6 classes which for us meant we could skip Chances; it was back on. But Hershey need Regular Qs so at last minute I entered him in the 4 Regulars at the Fun-raiser, he Q’d in all 4 finishing his Open Regular Superior title, only 3 more and he is going to Champs!!

Hershey and I are having so much fun. No one can believe he is 10 and he is having a blast. I am running so much better and keeping in front of him so he does not have time to argue with me. And his contacts are beautiful! He still has lots to say on the course but more in excitement then argument.

Kant and I have been on a role lately and I knew it had to come to an end but I did not know that end would be such a crash and burn. We struggled Friday night but Saturday was good it was Sunday were it all fell apart. But I still love her and don’t expect perfection every weekend just most weekends.

Echo ended up with a broken toe nail Friday night; after the fact I found out that it had happened earlier in the day at home and no one told me or I might have been able to fix it from tearing worse. Kids, you can’t live with them and you can’t live with them. So Echo could not run on Saturday but she was not limping on Sunday so I was able to run her all day where she got her first Open Regular points, her Novice Chances title, and finished her Novice Superior Jumpers title.

It was a fun and exhausting weekend spent with agility friends! I did almost all of the course building, ran 3 dogs, and judged most of the classes I was not running. Stephen was there on Saturday so I had him run Hershey in Open Jumpers and Kant in Elite Tunnelers, he did not Q in either class making 1 little mistake with each dog but learning a lot and getting more excited about the day that he gets to run his own dog, Arti.

We have a little agility break until the WAG trial in Newport, July 9th through the 11th. But this weekend we are packing up and heading to Pescadero California to do an AHBA herding trial where Echo will be in Junior Herd Dog for the first time and Kant will be in HRD 1 for the first time.

We are now a week in to June and yes the weather was perfect on Saturday but I am needing a little bit more sunshine then 1 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment