Thursday, September 15, 2011

2011 CAT Columbia Cup

After not doing any agility trials in August, I was so ready for the Columbia Cup! My agility friends are the best; they cried with my over losing Slick (yes the thought of it still brings tears to my eyes) and they celebrated with me that Echo had finally gone in to heat!! It was strange and kind of fun only running one dog; it had been so long since I only ran one dog that it brought back memories from some of my first trials when you show up with a dog, a leash, a crate, a water bowl, and some treats.
Kant also liked being the only dog, she felt pretty special!! I entered in 5 classes each day; Jumpers and Chances because we need them for our next NATCh, the 4 Regulars because it is the Columbia Cup, and I threw in Weavers and Tunnelers in case they had bonus lines.
We started out strong getting both Regulars Saturday morning then we knocked 2 bars in Jumpers and did not get Chances. Our last class Saturday was Weavers and it did have a bonus line. It was a pretty technical course but I was going to try it since that was the reason I entered the class. We started out great then then got through the tunnel that led to the 3 hoop option and we did not choose hoop number 2. I got Kant back on course and we ended strong! I need to work on that middle command.
Sunday did not start so good and Kant took the Columbia Cup pressure off in Round 1 with an off course. We went on to crash and burn in Round 2
but then ended the day great with beautiful runs in Jumpers and Chances.
The Tunnelers course had a bonus line but it also had a serpentine of tunnels right down the middle of the course and I knew we did not have the skills to make those 180 degree turns off a tunnel so I did not try the bonus and we ended the day with a smokin’ teamwork run!!

Thank you CAT for once again putting on a beautifully run trial!! Thank you to two awesome judges that brought lots of fun and great courses!! Thank you to my agility friends, it is always so much fun to hang out and watch you run your dogs!!! Thank you Joe Camp for keeping me supplied in agility pictures!!!!
Thank you Kant for being such a great teammate; you ROCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment