Monday, May 17, 2010

DJ & Kant and the WAG March USDAA Trial

At the Camp Attitude last August after I had introduced us and the demo was starting a retired co-worker came up to me, she was there with her daughter and two grandsons. I had not seen Judy for years and I knew her daughter, Jenny, from all the years of working together. Judy’s youngest grandson, Caleb, is handicapped and was the reason they were at the camp. After the demo and playing on the river (you can read more about the Camp Attitude demo in my August 2009 post) Judy, Jenny, DJ, and Caleb sat with us at dinner. I got to talking to DJ and we discovered we live one block from each other, small world. DJ came over several times over the summer and helped me with the dogs. He was so great with them so I asked him if he would like to run Kant in our March USDAA Junior Handler trial and he was very excited. We kept working together over the winter and spring learning basic handling and the equipment.

DJ did an excellent job running Kant and ended up earning a medal in both rounds. She knocked a bar in each round so they did not qualify but DJ was still excited about his medals.

Debbie was looking for a pairs partner for her pup, Kash, at the same trial so I looked it up and saw that pairs was running on the same day as Junior Handler and Brace which I wanted to run with Hershey and Kant, so I asked her if she would want Echo and I as their partners. We made a great team and got our first USDAA Pairs Q! I also put Echo in Gamblers and she Q’d. She did great at her first USDAA trial. Thank you Debbie and Kash!!

I ran Hershey and Kant in Brace which was a blast. They are great for Brace with Kant being faster then Hershey I could send Kant ahead and run with Hershey. Hershey would not get on the table with his sister but he finally did and they were very cute lying there together. But my favorite was both of them weaving and they both entered perfectly and finished their weaves. I would do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment