Monday, April 20, 2009

April - What a great month!

The month might start out with April Fool's Day but has been a great month for me and a couple of Blue Merle Shelties!

On the 3rd I celebrated my birthday by going to work and finding my cubicle completely decorated. Thank you Tammy and Ella!
I left at noon to head to Medford Oregon for a NADAC trial. Kant was the only one competing and Echo went to cheer from the sidelinesand of course play.

I thought my birthday would just go by unnoticed but Saturday morning I was proven wrong during the morning briefing when it was announced by Adele that it was my birthday and there was cake for everyone to share. It did not take me long to figure out a phone call from Lora was made to Adele. I was very surprised; Thank you Lora and Adele.
Adele and Lynda took me to dinner for a very fun dinner Saturday night and enjoyed when the staff sang Happy Birthday.

Thank you for good friends!!

Kant and I had an up and down weekend. We started out strong on my birthday Qing in Tunnelers and our first Open Hoopers. Saturday and Sunday we managed to make an error in both Jumpers, Chances, and all Regulars only Qing in Weavers and Touch'n'Go. But it was still a great trial in beautiful weather. Thank you RCA; you always put on a great trial!
Echo continues to improve in both agility and herding. I have been home the last two weekends getting things done around the house but always finding time to practice agility and herding. Echo started weave 6 poles without guides this weekend.
Here are a couple short videos from agility class and one from herding.
Practicing crosses.


Get those contacts!

Echo has great natural flanks and finds balance very well. And brings the sheep to me nicely but still with a little to much push but is learning to steady. Echo is getting much better with "stand" and "that'll do".

No comments:

Post a Comment