Monday, March 9, 2009

Scrapbooking Expo and Weekend


WOW! What an awesome weekend I had this past weekend at Lincoln City. A group of us have been going to the Scrapbooking Expo at the Portland Convention Center for several years; since Karen introduced it to me. This year Brenda and Dorothy came up with the idea to go to the beach for the weekend after the Expo with all our new stuff while we were inspired; what a great idea! They rented the greatest house that slept 12 for the 6 of us right on the beach just south of D River in Lincoln City. I organized beach retreats for several years and it was so nice to just bring stuff for one meal, my scraping stuff, and a table.


Brenda, Dorothy, Shana, Trinna, and I went to the Expo this year. We got there just before 10am and shopped and got inspired for 2 ½ hours. It seemed a bit smaller this year and a lot of the same stuff. The thing that I got and loved the best was a spinning page; I got two of them and used both of them over the weekend. We went to Chevy’s for lunch because they serve chips and salsa and after that much shopping you get a bit hungry and sometimes need food fast. Trinna went on back to Salem while the rest of us headed to the coast. Connie and Rhonda joined us at the coast after work.


When we got to the house Friday afternoon it was beautiful at the coast. We quickly unloaded our cars
and went for a walk on the beach.

After a great dinner of Clam Chowder and Salad from Captain Ron’s we scrapped in to the night.


Saturday I was pretty much rainy all day. And I scrapped all day just taking a breaks long enough to eat a great breakfast of fresh made muffins and fruit provided by Dorothy, lunch of awesome Caesar Salad created by Shana, and take a shower. The girls made a trip to the scrapbooking store but I could not even take the time to do that. I brought my chicken enchiladas for dinner. It was been 2 ½ years since I last scrapped and I was in the zone. I brought pictures from three events and got all the pictures I brought scrapped. I completed 37 pages with journaling making it a very productive weekend.


Sunday with no pictures left to scrap I enjoyed a wonderful skillet breakfast of sautéed vegetables and eggs fixed by Rhonda, packed up my stuff and enjoyed the view. I have a lot of scrapbooking stuff and it is not very organized. I am trying to get it more organized so I can be more mobile. I recently got some organizing totes that I brought empty and took them home organized. Lunch consisted of tasty wraps from Brenda and anything else left in the refrig. We were packed up and out of the house by 1:45. With a quick stop at Joann’s and the scrapbooking store I had a nice drive home with lots of time to think about the wonderful weekend I had and the new friends I met.

No comments:

Post a Comment